In a previous blog, I talked about the importance of keeping your Why Close By when driving to lose weight and be fit. Here is a link to that blog. Why and Why Not? – Two Key Questions for Weight Loss
I just got a new Why and it is something I strongly believe in. The St Jude Children’s Research Hospital was started by Danny Thomas to take care of sick children. I recently took up spinning at my local Life Time Fitness in Round Rock and they are sponsoring a Ride for A Reason to support St. Jude’s on March 3. I will be riding for 4 hours and just purchase my first set of Bike Shoes from Amazon! Now i am going to see if I can exceed my peak of 232 Watts and 132 RPMs. The key to spinning is having a driving song. Please, please, please Lifetime play some Bruno Mars for the event!
Spinning is great exercise and is a good break from running or walking (my usual go-to’s). I found that has the following benefits:
- Builds up and strengthen your legs, especially hard to hit muscles like those that support your knee.
- It really can work your core especially when you are standing on the bike and when you ride with good form.
- It pumps up your cardiovascular endurance especially during interval training or power (hill) endurance rides.
- It is fun and uplifting start to your morning.
- It is great for weight loss especially if you are pushing it.
- It is an awesome way to meet friends as you share your one part misery one part exhilaration!
Please consider joining me or donating in support of this worthy cause.